Books, Articles, Chapters in Edited Volumes, and Journals
If you are aware of relevant publications not listed here, please help out by uploading information to this site. Click here to submit a resource.
Uses a critical perspective to show how urban Indian youth across the different classes dismantle long-held beliefs about Eurocentric understandings of youth culture, identity, and subjectivities Illustrates how narrative psychology can be useful in providing a...
Essays on psychoanalytic critical theory of ideology.
What does critical psychology mean? How and why have many psychologists come to think of themselves as critical psychologists? The field of psychology presents itself in textbooks as a collection of scientific findings on human behaviour. Differences of theoretical...
Critical Community Psychology – Carolyn Kagan, Mark Burton, Paul Duckett, Rebecca Lawthorn, Asiya Siddiquee
Interest in community psychology, and its potential has grown in parallel with changes in welfare and governmental priorities. Critical Community Psychology provides students of different community based professions, working in a range of applied settings, at both...
This edited volume may be the 'definitive text' on methods and content in teaching psychology from an international and critical perspective. Chapters from internationally renowned contributors working clinically, educationally and in the community with a range of...
This fascinating work is a persuasive explanation of how modern psychology found its language. Kurt Danziger develops an account that goes beyond the taken-for-granted quality of psychological discourse to offer a profound and broad-ranging analysis of the recent...
Frantz Fanon and the decolonial turn in psychology: from modern/colonial methods to the decolonial attitude – Nelson Maldonado-Torres,
Frantz Fanon, one of the foremost theoreticians of racism, colonization, and decolonization was a psychiatrist by training who wrote about psychology, social theory, and philosophy, among other areas. In his “work in psychology” Black Skin, White Masks, Fanon declares...
Annual Review of Critical Psychology (ARCP) is an international peer review open access publication developing varieties of critical research concerned with language, subjectivity and practice.
Teoría y Crítica de la Psicología recibe artículos inéditos relacionados con el trabajo teórico y crítico en la psicología y contra la psicología. El idioma de la revista es el español, pero también se publican textos en portugués. Tan sólo se aceptarán artículos...
Critical psychology has developed over time from different standpoints, and in different cultural contexts, embracing a variety of perspectives. This cutting-edge and comprehensive handbook values and reflects this diversity of approaches to critical psychology today,...
Search this Category:
- Decolonizing Psychology – Sunil Bhatia
- Travels with the Self: Interpreting Psychology as Cultural History – Philip Cushman
- Naming the Mind How Psychology Found Its Language – Kurt Danziger
- Psychology, the psychological, and critical praxis: A phenomenologist reads Frantz Fanon – Miraj Desai
- Travel and Movement in Clinical Psychology: The World Outside the Clinic (Foreword by Jeffrey Sachs) – Miraj Desai
- Annual Review of Critical Psychology – The Discourse Unit
- Positioning the critical in community psychology – Evans et al.
- Critical Psychology: An Introduction – (Edited by) Dennis R Fox, Isaac Prilleltensky, Stephanie Austin
- Students and Faculty, Community, Liberation, Indigenous and Eco- Psychologies Specialization at Pacifica Graduate Institute
- Ideologystop: social and psychoanalytic theory, together again
- Critical Community Psychology – Carolyn Kagan, Mark Burton, Paul Duckett, Rebecca Lawthorn, Asiya Siddiquee
- Frantz Fanon and the decolonial turn in psychology: from modern/colonial methods to the decolonial attitude – Nelson Maldonado-Torres,
- Teaching Critical Psychology: International Perspectives – Craig Newnes, Laura Golding (Editors)
- Revolution in Psychology: Alienation to Emancipation – Ian Parker
- Handbook of Critical Psychology – Ian Parker (Editor)
- Teoría y Crítica de la Psicología – David Pavón-Cuéllar (Editor)
- Inventing Our Selves – Nikolas Rose
- Psicología social critica en Latinoamérica: Aspectos importantes. – Juan Santiago Tamayo Arango
- Critical Psychology: Voices for Change – Tod Sloan (editor)
- Damaged Life: The Crisis of the Modern Psyche – Tod Sloan
- Creating Inclusive Knowledges – Christopher C. Sonn and Alison M Baker
- Encyclopedia of Critical Psychology – Thomas Teo (Editor)
- Black Lives Matter in Community Psychology – Edited by Dominique Thomas and Allana Zuckerman
- Toward Psychologies of Liberation – Mary Watkins and Helene Shulman